Take the leap and embark on a hassle-free journey by packing in a backpack. From choosing the right clothing to optimizing your backpack space, this page will provide you with inspiration for packing lightly and efficiently, so you can enjoy your travels without carrying unnecessary equipment and have more freedom to explore.
"You never had to worry about wearing a soaked and smelly T-shirt on a 12-hour bus or similar, even if we had just dragged 20-25 kg of luggage to the station in 30-degree heat."
Nikolaj K. Bonde
Reasons to pack clothes in merino wool:
It's a good idea to pack clothes in merino wool when traveling with a backpack for several reasons:
- Lightweight and compressible: When traveling with just a backpack, space and weight are important factors. Merino wool is a soft and lightweight type of wool that is easy to pack and doesn't take up much space.
- Temperature regulating: If you're traveling to different climates, merino wool can help regulate your body temperature. It helps keep you warm when it's cold and cool when it's hot.
- Minimizes odor: If you're traveling and don't have access to a washing machine or clean clothes for longer periods, merino wool helps minimize odor, which means it won't smell even after several days of use.
- Quick-drying: Merino wool dries quickly, which means it can handle sweat and rain and still keep you warm and dry. This is also an advantage when traveling, as you may not always have time to wait for your clothes to dry before moving on.
- Comfort: When wearing the same clothes for a long time, it's important that they feel good. Merino wool is soft and comfortable against the skin and reduces the risk of irritation and itching, which can sometimes occur with synthetic materials or traditional wool.
BACKPACKING THROUGH LATIN AMERICA
Preparation and Peru
When you are preparing for a 3.5 months long trip to South America, there is of course a lot of preparation. Still, we were a bit shocked when we walked out of the airport in Lima, Peru
Peru & Colombia
Speaking of high altitudes and backpacks, let's talk about Machu Picchu and the four-day trek in the footsteps of the Incas that we completed. It's the highlight of the trip so far.
Mexico & Guatemala
It's incredibly inspiring to meet other travelers, and there are just as many ways to travel and reasons to do so as there are backpackers. It's hugely rewarding, and it's also what makes backpacker life special.