The wellbeing of the sheep we source our merino wool from is extremely important. We buy all of our wool from New Zealand, which is the only place in the world where the wool and sourcing methods meet LOOW standards. All our suppliers live up to "The five freedoms of sheep". The farms we work with only cut their sheep once or twice a year and are guaranteed mulesing-free. Mulesing is a controversial method used to prevent fly attacks, but is very painful to the sheep and illegal in all of New Zealand.1. Good lifestyle
- Freedom to express normal patterns of behaviour, sufficient space, suitable facilities and the company of its fellow sheep.
- Freedom from hunger, thirst and malnutrition.
- Freedom from discomfort thorugh shelter and provision of a comfortable environment.
- Freedom from fear through good care and handling.
- Freedom from pain injury and disease.
Direct link to "Campaign for wool's" initiative "The five freedoms of sheep"