Even though our products can be used longer before needing a wash due to the great properties of the wool, you might want to give them a quick wash if you are away for a longer time than a week. To help you make it easier we have gathered our best tips for washing your wool when traveling.
Our best tips on how to wash your wool when traveling:
1) Fill a washbasin with warm water and a little shampoo or hand soap. If there are heavy stains on the T-shirt, you can add the soap directly to the stains.
2) Put the T-shirt in the water and rub lightly on the stains if necessary.
3) Leave the T-shirt to soak for 5 minutes.
4) Empty the sink of water and rinse the T-shirt thoroughly with lukewarm water.
5) Squeeze out the water. Avoid twisting the T-shirt, as this may damage it.
6) Hang the T-shirt to dry on a hanger, with the shoulder seam neatly on top of the hanger and straighten the T-shirt.
7) A wool T-shirt will keep the shape it dries in, so make sure it hangs neatly and straight.
If the T-shirt does not have stains, in many cases it will be enough to air the T-shirt while you sleep. Hang it outdoors in the shade, preferably where there is wind and plenty of fresh air.
Avoid hanging the T-shirt to dry in direct sunlight, as this can cause the fabric to fade.
You can also read our best tips on how to pack right in order to travel right here